Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Aug 25, 2012

♥ DIY- Rich Whipped Body Lotion/Hair Cream

Make your own Whipped Super Rich Body Lotion/Hair Cream

I have posted something similar a long time ago (link here), around the time when I first started my blog. Anyway this is the easiest thing ever to make, it is basically a whipped Shea Butter mix. I would recommend this if you have dry skin (or as a foot/hand cream on normal skin) or as a hair cream/leave in for people with afro hair texture or generally dry hair.


What you need:

  • Shea Butter or African Butter (the yellow one)
  • A carrier oil
  • An electric whisk/mixer


Optional:
  • Essential Oils- Suggestions: Lavender (Calming), Peppermint Oil (Soothing, good for itchy scalp (, Tea Tree Oil (Anti Bacterial), Rosemary Oil (Stimulate hair follicles-promotes hair growth) or Sweet Orange Oil (Smells aa-mazing)
  • Aloe Vera Gel
  • Water (But then you need to use a preservative)

Directions: Put all of your ingredients into a mixing bowl and start whisking. I whisk my Shea Butter when it's hard but you might want to melt it for a few seconds in the microwave to soften it before.

Will you be trying this out? Have you tried it? Share your links or recipes?

x

Ps. Guys my camera is still broken (Hence the iPhone 4s pictures)

Twitter  || Facebook || Bloglovin || Hello Cotton || Pinterest

16 comments:

  1. This sounds great, I really think I'll try to do this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun idea! Great post :)

    -Jenn
    chīsana blogger

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic. I love shea butter! I have a recipe for DIY solid shea butter sugar scrub cubes: http://www.soapdelinews.com/2011/07/solid-shea-butter-sugar-scrub-cube.html Vegan chocolate mint lip balm with shea butter: http://www.soapdelinews.com/2012/01/diy-lip-balm-homemade-chocolate-mint.html and a shea body butter recipe: http://www.soapdelinews.com/2012/08/diy-shea-body-butter-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this looks soo cool! u have the best DIYS thanks! will be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely trying this!!!
    Thank you so much, now I just need to get a Rosemary oil bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds brilliant - where do you buy your Shea butter?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh great idea. i have a pound of shea butter that I really need to use... may make this on the weekend. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about home.

    Regards
    Also see my page: my blog site

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm definitely going to try this out! thanks for the tip girl :)

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. postingan yang bagus tentang DIY- Rich Whipped Body Lotion/Hair Cream

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will definitely have to give this a go! :)

    Lola | LolaStarHearts.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It would be nice for us that are new to making products former some measurements for ingredients we are using?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been getting a lot of useful and informative material in your website.numbing cream for tattooing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brand new news, Make better your life style! It is no matter. Take these products and modify your life style. That makes you good-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have knowledge of your life style! It is no matter. Take these products and modify your life style. That makes you good-looking. By using these natural products make attractive and lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥