Hello everyone! My laptop keyboard was broken for ages and now it's finally fixed, I have a lot of posts coming up, this one being the first one. The African print/Ankara print scarf (and clothes in general with African prints) can be seen everywhere at the moment. A lot of my fellow UK natural hair blogger friends wear them and it really inspired me to try one out. Instagram is also a great source of inspiration for African print scarves!
When I attended Natural Hair Week 2015 I came across this brand called Anaisarts, it's run by a lovely lady who not only sells a ton of amazing African print scarves, but also Afrocentric type jewellery. I bought three scarves and these brown, wooden Nefertiti earrings- check out my video below to see all of them and for more information.
Please watch the video to see how I got this hair style or follow this short tutorial in writing:
- Make a side parting, and either cainrow, flat twist or just tuck in the remainder of your hair.
- Try on the scarf to make sure it looks right with the parting
- Remove the scarf, and start flat twisting the hair that you have left out
- You can either twirl the ends, put perm rods & do a hanging bantu knot
- Put your night time scarf on and leave at least 12 hours to dry
Please let me know what you think about this hair style and how would you, or have you styled the African print/Ankara print scarf?