Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Apr 11, 2013

♥ First Twist Out and Every Day Makeup FOTD

First Twist Out and Every Day Makeup FOTD
Here is my every day makeup look when I don't wear lipstick or eyeliner. Mascara, eyebrows & bronzer. What's your every day makeup?

Flat Twist Out on Transitioning to natural hair

This is how I've been wearing my hair lately. Okey, I know I always wear my hair with my fringe curly but this time I did my first Flat Twist- Out. My back is flat twisted (see tutorial here) and so was my fringe at night as you can see in the picture below. All I used in my hair was Aloe Vera Gel & a bit of oil.

Flat Twist Out on Transitioning to natural hair

Compared to a braid out, I prefer this so much more, omg! Why? The definition is amazing- see above. It's almost too much and it almost looks too curly. Anyway, I still just moisturised my hair, pulled it slightly to elongate and picked the roots to separate the sections. Now, three days later- it still looks nice and super stretched. This is a keeper lol! Can't wait to do a full flat twist out when I am fully natural. Oh btw, I am 2 & a half week from being a year post relaxer. Time flies!

See all my transitioning posts here.


What do you think of this hair style?
Any tips on natural hair or transitioning hair?

xx






16 comments:

  1. I love it,u look so gorgeous hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out stunning, really loving your blog :)

    mixed-hair.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love twists. This is so pretty! I love the fullness of your hair, definitely a keeper! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so beautiful with such little makeup, I'm jealous! Your curls look beautiful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.... it came out lovely, definitely a keeper :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how it looked when you were done styling. I'm trying to leave my hair out more often so maybe this would work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have stunning hair! Mine doesn't have any texture to it - it's just flat, so it's amazing to see someone with a hair like that! :) xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are absolutely gorgeous! I love the twists pulled to the side, very pretty and congrats on being nearly a year post. That is a major accomplishment!

    I am 6 months post and so far, my tips include: low manipulation, limiting heat, and MOISTURE. LOTS and LOTS of moisture! I cowash and DC often and I am sure to detangle thoroughly on wash days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gasp! Love this! I can't wait to try it. I prefer twist outs on me over braid outs! I love organic root stimulatorlick and twist gel on dry or lightly misted stretched hair. I tie it down overnight. I apply a quartesize amount to my hair before untwisting. *copying n pasting this text for my next twistout post. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look so beautiful. Yes, I would definitely say that I like this natural look:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the comment on my blog! This is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are so beautiful and your hair looks absolutely amazing!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. This came out really well - I love the flat twist out!! The only problem I have with it is having to re-twist it every night which is annoying - I need to find out how to be able to maintain it for a week haha!
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks really great. Thanks for the idea, will try this before going to bed tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥