Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Jan 16, 2012

♥ Coconut & Caramel

I randomly headed to my local hair shop the other day because there was a product I was thinking of trying. I can literally spend hours there just walking around, looking at every product, reading ingredients, and comparing (what a hobby) ..

Despite this I seemed to have missed two really exciting brand (or maybe because they were new in the shop), one brand called Curs and the other one called Mixed Chicks they are actually both made for multi ethnic women with curly hair. Of course, anyone can use them. I am "mixed" myself though (Swedish and Nigerian/English) but I still have really afroish natural hair that I relax.

I was so excited to find these new brand, I was probably at the counter for about 25 minutes, smelling, reading ingredients, thinking lol. Eventually I decided to go for the Curls products instead of the Mixed Chicks ones because even though the Curls products were expensive, they were cheaper then Mixed Chicks and they smell amaaaaazing (of Coconut and Caramel).

Here is a little something about Curls from HERE (Click to read the whole text)

"CURLS (and Curly Q's) products contain an exclusive blend of natural oils and quality ingredients, such as aloe leaf juice, panthenol, mango, shea and murmur butter. We’ve included a new, patent pending ingredient - a derivative of the primary lipid found at the hair surface. This important ingredient restores the integrity of your hair, protects the hair from environmental stress, and replenishes the protective layer bound to the hair cuticle." 

Also, all their products are formulated with NO silicones, mineral oils, parabens or sulfates.



Curlicious Curls- Cleansing Cream (this does actually lather even though it's a "cleansing cream")
£7.99 (240 ml/8oz)


Description: Unbelievably moisturizing , this creamy, sulfate free cleanser hydrates and cleanses curls in one step. Ideal for curlies of all textures, and chemically altered or coloured hair.

Directions: Gently massage into your wet hair and scalp, rinse well. Follow up with conditioner.

Ingredients: They are actually Not the same as stated on the website.. so Im a bit confused.. Read them here on the website.


Coconut Sublime Conditioner £9.99 (420 ml,14oz)



Description: Super moisturizing rinse of conditioner guaranteed to hydrate and soften the driest curls. Great for mid week conditioning rinses too.

Directions: Apple to wet hair, detangle with a wide tooth comb. Leave on for 1-5 minutes then rinse.

Ingredients: They are actually Not the same as stated on the website.. so Im a bit confused.. Read them here on the website.

Curls Souffle- Medium Curl Cream- without hold £9.99 (240 ml, 8oz)


Description: Ideal for medium-thick textured tresses. Defines, defrizzes and moisturizes curls with a soft natural touch. This souffle textured cream locks in moisture while setting your curls.
Directions: Apply to freshly cleansed/conditioned hair, while it is still wet. Moisturize first with Quenched Curls Moisturizer. Scrunch Curl Souffle into hair, section by section. Allow hair to air dry. (I actually blow dried my hair with this, worked fine for me)

Ingredients: They are actually Not the same as stated on the website.. so Im a bit confused.. Read them here on the website.

Yeah I chose to show the result using my front Iphone camera lol, even though it's blurry it shows how it came out. And I only blow dry my hair, I dont straighten it.



Have you heard of, tried or used this brand?

x


24 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to try this! Thanks For such a detailed description!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they don't sell that stuff overhere but cocnut is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of e brand before but it sounds amaze. I use organic products and a bit of Pink&Dark and lovely hair sprays

    Was Rofl *no he doesn't work in beauty* hehe I get u hun. I have had e crackle polish over 6months was dreading2use it as I'm not even a fan lol my sis gav it to me during her boots haul hehe.
    *Ps love ur hair,u look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following you:)

    I've never heard of those products but I really doubt they're available in my country ;/ boooa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, To night i will try a new polish :) I will put pictures after ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive never heard of this brand before, but ill definitely check it out. follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i haven't tried this yet, but from the looks of it i think i should!

    xxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of this brand, but I'm a sucker for anything that promises healthier curls so it's going on my (ever expanding) list!
    I've just gone back to a no 'poo/conditioner cleanser routine and I'm testing out the Inecto conditioner which is only £1 from Savers!!
    Great post :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Yolanda
    yes it was spanish, i told you that i'm folowing you and if you want to do the same
    http://walkinginfashionbyrachel.blogspot.com/

    I LOVE YOUR BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know this brand! Your hair loooks great so I must think it's a good brand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And you're welcome :)
    Caramel... Hum !! ♥
    I have never heard of it, but they seem good !
    Thx for your comment and have a nice evening !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting. never heard of these before.
    Lol @ your hobby. Hey whatever works right?


    It looks like it did your hair good... I might need some for my natural hair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am from Belgium bu I live in the
    Netherlands.
    I writh my posts in Dutch and English

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice blog! I like it a lot! would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You´ve a cool blog!!
    I´m following you.
    I invite you to visit my blog, and i´ve you like it you can my follower.
    xx from Spain
    :D
    http://janakitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I forgot to told you that i´ve a google traslator in my blog, so you can read it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nah I haven't but it looks interesting!

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review, I would loveee to try those products, especially to smell them!:D
    xoxo

    Jelena
    glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I never heard of this brand but now is Mixed Chicks I just listen to a tutorial out it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't tried this and its the first time am hearing of it but from what your hair looks like and for your great description, i will try to get my Hands on these when next am in the U.K unfortunately i can't find it here in Greece.
    Thanks dear for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I see this product all the time but was hesitated to try but maybe I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've seen these products at target and wanted to try it. The souffle looks especially interesting.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥