DIY Bentonite Clay, Green Tea & Argan Oil Mud Face Mask
Today I have got an exciting DIY to share with you. I've had this Bentonite Clay lying around for quite some time but after a few failed attempts at using it, I just put it aside. I should probably mention that my failed attempts were most likely due to be mixing the bentonite clay with a metal spoon which is the only thing you shouldn't do because it reacts with the clay which has some kind of electrical charge (lol not sure how that works, google it).
The most common brand of Bentonite Clay is the Indian Healing Clay which I think is available at stores like Whole foods or online on sites like Amazon. Common uses are:
- As an internal detox (sounds scary though)
- As a mud face masked by mixing Bentonite Clay & Water, and sometimes Apple Cider Vinegar
- As a hair clarifier by using the same recipe as above
Here is my Bentonite Clay, Green Tea & Argan Oil Mud Face Mask Recipe:
- A bowl of water
- Two Green Tea Bags
- A wooden spoon to stir (or anything which is Not metal)
- Bentonite Clay
- An oil/essential Oil, I used Argan Oil
- Add water to a bowl (optional: add 1/4 ACV* to the water, use Rose Water, Use Aloe Vera Juice) || Add a bag of Green Tea and let it brew for a few minutes || Add a few drops of the oil of your choice, I used Argan Oil
- Pour the leaves of one Green Tea Bag into your mix
- Stir it with anything that isn't made of metal
- Add the Bentonite Clay until the mixture has the consistency you want it to have
This is what mine looked like!
My thoughts on this?
The first time I tried mixing a Bentonite Clay face mask I felt like the clay didn't properly mix with the water, but as I said above- this could be because I used a metal spoon. This time it definitely mixed, but I am guessing it mixes better with the mix if you do Not put oils in your mix. My mix took ages too hardened, I think it was because it wasn't mixed too well nor distributed too well in my face and I also put quite a thick layer in my face. Next time I might try putting a bit more water in my mix.
Oh my god. Results definitely exceeded my expectations. I knew that your face could get a little bit red from using this, but due to my mud mask taking long to harden, I left it on for like 30 mins while I was showering. My face was soo red. It didn't hurt or anything but I literally had a line in my face where I was red from the mud mask.
Anyway, surprisingly this just left my face suuuupersoft. Like I exfoliated it, which it didn't really because I didn't have any scrubbing beads in it. Maybe my face was so clean that it just felt soft, either way this i definitely a keeper and I will be using this face mask recipe again!
Have you tried a Bentonite Clay face mask?
& do you have any other DIY face mask recipes, if so, link them :)
Check out my other natural DIY's here, where I've got recipes of Lip Balms, Lip sticks, Deep Conditioners, Protein Treatments, Body Scrubs and much more.
*Apple Cider Vinegar