Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Nov 12, 2013

Dove Deeply Nourishing Body Wash & Dove Go Fresh Nourishing Body Wash Blue Fig & Orange Blossom Scent

Dove Deeply Nourishing & Go Fresh Nourishing Body Wash

Hi Everyone! Today I am reviewing these two body washed from Dove: Dove Deeply Nourishing Body Wash & Dove Go Fresh Nourishing Body Wash Blue Fig & Orange Blossom Scent (*). It was such a weird coincidence when I was initially contacted about reviewing these. In the past, I haven't purchased Dove Body Washes because whenever I looked at the ingredient list, they contained mineral oil which I do not use in my skin care products. However, I went to Superdrug and saw the Orange scented body wash, it smelt amazing and contained no mineral oil. It was also starting to get colder at that time and I wanted a little "pick me up" in the morning.
Now to the point, Dove had just conducted a study on the impact of a bad start to the day and what makes one. They therefore suggest a little more caring morning- starting with a great body wash that will really care for your skin.

I totally agree with this, but for me it's more so the scent of the body wash or whatever product you are using. For example, if I am having a really bad morning- I usually take that moment to use a product or perfume that smells extra nice as a little pick up. Does anyone else do this as well?


Dove Deeply Nourishing Body Wash & Dove Go Fresh Nourishing Body Wash Blue Fig & Orange Blossom Scent

Here is how Dove describe their Body Washed on their website: "What is the Dove Difference? Nourishment. Only Dove Body Wash has NutriumMoisture™ - our unique blend of moisturisers enriched with skin-natural lipids, which absorbs into the skin to nourish while you shower. Used everyday, it helps restore skin's strength from the inside for longer lasting more beautiful skin. Deeply nourishing. Clean rinsing. Always beautiful."

So the new product out of the two is the Dove Go Fresh Nourishing Body Wash Blue Fig & Orange Blossom Scent. It contains Sulfates so even though it is a gentle wash, it will definitely clean well enough and lather up really well. The formula is creamy, and actually light blue with quite a strong fragrance- but one that is really nice. I used this for my usual morning shower with scrubbing gloves which it was perfect for as it is both creamy and lathers up. I do also enjoy sulfate free body washes and shower gels- but a sulfate one is pretty much essential when you are trying to scrub your body use scrubbing gloves. 

I believe the Dove Deeply Nourishing Body Wash is somewhat of a classic and possibly one that has their signature fragrance, correct me if I am wrong. The formula is similar to the Blue Fig one- but I'd say this one was a little more creamy and it was white, and even though it has a nice scent- it is a little more subtle than the Blue Fig one. Other than the fragrance this body wash was very similar to the Blue Fig one and.

I really enjoyed using these and I think it suits someone who wants a nice smelling affordable body wash which will leave you squeaky clean but without dry or irritated skin. As far as I can see, it isn't mentioned anywhere but from looking at the ingredients it looks like the products are PH regulated which is definitely essential in a product that will be gentle on the skin. You might not want to use them if you are into all natural product- as they do not contain all natural ingredients. However, they are both free from Silicones, Parabens, Propylene Glycol and all of that as far as I can see- and they contain some nice natural oils :) 


Have you tried Dove Body Washed & how did you like them?

If not, what's your favourite Body Wash or Shower Gel?

xx

Instagram || Twitter  || Google+ || Baobella || Bloglovin || Facebook || Pinterest

8 comments:

  1. Hey! Sorry for late response had so many issues with blogger... Ugh. Feeling like giving up lol. Anyway I think you're trying the wrong stores, try Shaba Hair and Cosmetics for Shea Moisture, it's all £12.99! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use a Dove shower gel ages ago but I haven't tried anything by them for a while now! These new body washes sound lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the Dove shea butter one its an all time fave super creamy and moisturizing!! i also love the olay shea butter as well its not as moisturizing as dove but it lathers like crazyy and fun to use lol!! they are both perfect for dry sensitive skin

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last body wash I tried was really drying but I have wondered about the Dove products. I've also heard good things about their conditioners. If anything I would probably go for the Deeply Nourishing one because I don't like strong fragrances. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like Dove , I use their fine silk beauty bath with white Orchid fragrance and it never leaves my skin dry. Its got sulfate in it but no mineral oil and no parabens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tried dove shower wash product once and didn't like it, With this review i think i should give it a try again.
    Have a perfect weekend.
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like Dove products. I used to use their body cream religiously - it was the only thing that kept my skin super moisturised x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the deeply nourishing body wash, leaves my skin feeling super moisturized!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥