Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Mar 17, 2014

Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer with SPF Review

Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer with SPF Review

Hi Guys, it's been way too long! Hopefully this time I am back to blogging regularly without any long breaks. Today I am reviewing one of my recent favourite skin care products, the Dermalogica skinperfect primer. I am way overdue reviewing this, and I have had it for quite a while, but it's only recently it's become a favourite of mine.


This is a silicone based primer, so if you are only into natural products or don't like using silicones on your skin- this probably isn't for you. Like most silicone based primers, it's super silky and spreads really easy and evenly on your skin. What makes this one different to the usual ones is that it isn't clear, it's got a beige tint (which in will match some people's skin colour, but for a lot of us it will be too light), and it contains SPF 30. However, the sun protecting agent is Zinc Oxide which is the ingredient which gives some sunscreens a white cast after applying, considering Zinc Oxide is pretty far up in the ingredient list (see below), it does blend in pretty well with your skin tone.


As you can see in the ingredient list below, it doesn't contain any water at all, so of course you would use your normal moisturiser before applying this. As it is tinted, you can use the primer only without any foundation or powder afterwards for matte, smooth and super soft skin. I don't use foundation so I like to use this after my normal face lotion, then I apply concealer (if needed) and a layer of powder to set it. Despite not using foundation, my concealer and powder stay in place all day when using this. Another tip is to mix it with your foundation for a super flawless look!


Ingredient Check:
  • Silicones (√)
  • Mineral Oil (/)
  • Propylene/Butylene Glycol (/)
  • Parabens  (/)
What's your favourite Dermalogica product?
& have you tried this product?


xx

(*) This product was sent to me to review

Instagram || Twitter  || Google+ || Baobella || Bloglovin || Facebook || Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Never thought to mix primer with foundation. Good tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥