Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Sep 2, 2013

Yuko Kokoro G Treatment, Yuko Kokoro G Shampoo and Yuko Repair Through Review

Yuko Kokoro G Treatment, Yuko Kokoro G Shampoo and Yuko Repair Through Review

A while back I was sent these hair products from Yuko to try out. I had not heard of the brand before and the products are aimed at dry and damaged hair, so I was happy to try them out. Here is a little info from  the Yuko website:

"....YUKO now has a comprehensive range of professional and homecare products and is used in over 70,000 salons worldwide, providing the very best care for your hair. It creates truly healthy looking hair and provides an ideal foundation for any style."

Yuko Kokoro G Treatment, Yuko Kokoro G Shampoo and Yuko Repair Through Review


Yuko Kokoro G Treatment "A regular use intensive conditioner that detangles, deeply moisturises and leaves the hair soft, smooth and strong, with keratin, sericin, algae, collagen, vitamin E and amino acids."  Despite the pretty amazing description, when looking at the ingredient list it isn't too impressive with several different Alcohols, Silicones, Mineral Oil, Butylene Glycol. As for a lot of people with Afro hair, this size conditioner literally lasts me for two washes only, and that is when using as very little as possible. It did make my hair feel soft after using it and I would say the slip (slip provided to detangle) was average. It isn't really fragranced which could be a pro or con depending on what you think, personally I don't really mind. I can't say anything about the long term effects, as like I said, I only got two uses out of it.

Yuko Kokoro G Shampoo "A regular use shampoo that strengthens the hair leaving it soft and smooth, with hydrolysed silk, keratin, sericin and algae." This too is not very fragranced, but it does have a slight scent contrary to the conditioner/treatment. It is a sulfate free shampoo but it still lathers up exactly like a sulfate shampoo would do, which is definitely a plus, I have put a picture of the ingredients below. It is a clear, silky shampoo and when applied it even has slip and I was able to finger detangle my hair when I shampoo'd it. I love the fact that it contains keratin as that will strengthen your hair and I feel like this would be a great shampoo to use regularly. Very impressed by this!

Yuko Repair Through: "Repair Through is a heat protector to be used on wet hair. Containing moisturising agents and amino acids, which are the building blocks of hair, it helps protect the hair whilst maintaining moisture and preventing damage." Not sure if I overlooked this info when I read the description on the bottle but I did not realise that this was a heat protector. As you can see when I took the pictures, the product was almost finished, I have since finished it so I will tell you how it worked for me as a moisturiser/conditioning mist. To start with- do not like the ingredient list At all, you can see it in the picture below. However this product did work great for me and it replaced the spray moisturiser I already had for my hair! It is very light and just leaves your hair super moisturised.

Yuko Kokoro G Treatment, Yuko Kokoro G Shampoo and Yuko Repair Through Ingredient list Overall? I would recommend these products for someone with damaged or dry hair as they all contain repairing proteins like keratin and silk. My favourite is the shampoo which is definitely a keeper. They are all very suitable for people with curly or afro hair like myself. Also people who have hair damaged from dyeing or relaxing their hair but are not too fuzzy with wanting ingredients to be fully natural. Another thing is that the information on the bottles is in Japanese but a translated version has been attached in the plastic wrapping. 



Have you heard of this brand before?
What is your favourite product for when your hair is damaged?

xx


Instagram || Twitter  || Google+ || Baobella || Bloglovin || Facebook || Pinterest

(*)

7 comments:

  1. Number 3 (the Mist) sounds like what my thirsty hair needs.its a good thing that its a heat protector and a moisturiser in one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this brand before but the shampoo sounds lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used the Thorough through and liked it for my hair, especially as I was trying to gain my strength back and repair my hair. It's a nice brand xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I've heard of this before. The mist looks good, I might have to get that x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it new brand??? My ahir is curly and dry, is it good for my hair too???

    Regards,
    Tropic isle jamaican black castor oil

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound great, especially the shampoo. I must confess that I've never heard of this brand before so thank you for sharing!

    I'm giving away a MAC lipstick of the competition winner's choice on my blog if you would care to enter!
    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this brand before. My favorite products for damage hair are all of L'Oreal Total repair 5. (I'm 4c hair)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥