Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Nov 10, 2012

♥ Cantu Shea Butter First Thoughts

Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream




For me, there is only one hair product that I use daily (except for oils & essential oils) is a leave in conditioner or/and detangler. I have to detangle my hair every day since my new growth is really thick and tightly curled (read my transitioning posts here). Since I have to buy it so often, I am still looking for an affordable, fairly natural & great working product.

I have of course heard of the Cantu Shea Butter before, I even recommended it for my friend once because the ingredients looked great. At that time I think I just didn't buy it because there were silicones in it.

Anyway, my TIGI leave in conditioner is almost finished (review here) so I headed to the hair shop. I was about to pick up the Kera Care leave in lotion but it's a bit pricey and there is not a lot in there, so again- it would finish really quickly. I saw the Cantu Shea butter in a massive jar of 16 FL OZ/473 ml for only £3.99. For some unknown reason I only skimmed through the amazing top part of the ingredient list missing mineral oil at the faaar bottom!! Might not sound like a big deal but I really don't want to use mineral oil, especially not in my hair. However, it is in the bottom of the list and it can't be more than a really tiny bit of it, so I will still finish this product.

Other leave in conditioners/detanglers I have tried:



Have you tried any of the Cantu Shea Butter products?
Do u mind using Mineral Oil?

xx





4 comments:

  1. I have this exact same product. I don't use it that often. Not because it contains mineral oil, but because it is a protein based product. Have you ever tried to make your own shea butter mix? You can look it up on youtube. Typ in "whipped shea butter" and you will see lots and lots of recipes to make it yourself mixed with oils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my no.1 product when I was transitioning! I did stop using it because it had mineral oil but it was good to my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daily detangling is typically a no no on transitioning hair. Do you lose a lot of hair? Maybe you should try low manipulation styles.

    I've used Cantu shampoo, rinse out conditioner (awesome!), and leave-in (also awesome), no-drip oil(pretty good), and pomade(ok). Overall I'd saythey are pretty good products.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥