Translate

14 Nov 2012

8 ♥ DIY Scalp Oil & Hair Lotion

DIY Scalp Oil & Hair Lotion in Applicator Bottle


A scalp oil for me is essentials in order to not get an itchy scalp, and also keep it from getting dry.  I actually hada terrible experience with a rash in my whole scalp for 2-3 months a few years ago. A hair dresser actually said it was psoriasis, since I don't have that- I am pretty sure it was a reaction to a relaxer. At that time I didn't care that much about my hair, nor scalp and didn't think much of it, but it was disgusting and extremely flaky.

Moving on, now I use a scalp oil about every other day. It's a great way to also try and give yourself a scalp massage before going bed, increasing the blood flow to your scalp- which promotes hair growth.

What to put in your scalp oil mix?

  • Majority of the oil should consistent of at least one of the 2 only oils that will actually get absorbed by skin and hair. These are Coconut Oil & Jojoba Oil. Using a thick oil like Castor Oil (when you leave it on your scalp) can give you an adverse effect- making your scalp itchy!
  • Peppermint Oil! Amazing for scalp, feels very soothing and depending on how much you put in, it gives a cooling sensation too. 
  • Tea Tree Oil. Add some of this for the antibacterial and anti fungal properties it has. This will keep your scalp healthy and clean between washes.
  • Rosemary Oil. This can help stimulate the circulation to your scalp, and thereby promoting hair growth.
What to put in your hair lotion/oil?
  • Shea Butter (Melt it and pour it in, don't use more than a 3rd)
  • A cheap carrier oil like Almond or Sesame Seed.
  • A few super nutritious oils like: Linseed Oil & Hemp Seed Oil
  • Essential oil of choice for the scent (will make your hair smell newly washed between washes), like: Lavender, Sweet Orange, Rose Oil


Essential for both mixes:

  • Vitamin E oil: An antioxidant which prolonges shelf life of a product as well as promotes cell growth.



Read my post on: Vitamin E Oil hereCoconut Oil hereShea Butter here, Jojoba Oil here, Oils in general here


Do you use oils in your hair?
& whats your favourite?

xx



8 comments:

  1. Soooooooo gonna try this. My scalp gets very dry in the winter! Thanks for sharing! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also made my own oil mix. It's a mix of castor oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond oil. I use it for scalp massages and to seal in my moisturizer. I have to buy vitamin E oil and add that to my mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pure organic argan oil. I've tried so many different hair oils and it is definitely the best!

    Beauty Fiends Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want I need, I am taking out my braids and really need to find some remedies around to revive it again before my weave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mix is Jamaican Black Castor oil & Extra Virgin Olive oil. I use this once a week on a clean scalp and massage it in.
    This has helped my once flaky dry scalp,I started using it as a growth aid and made it a weekly staple.

    btw - thanks for the exfoliating gloves tip. I did it this week and I will be doing it weekly from now on.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post hun, I use 100% argan oil&jojoba oils for my hair&skin :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. very good post! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...