Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Nov 13, 2012

♥ Eyebrow Plucking Chart

How to pluck your own eyebrows, and eye brow plucking chart


I thought I'd take the time to show my disgusting not-plucked-for-a-week-eyebrow. Yeah I really think un plucked brows look disgusting lol. So in this picture you can see a clear difference between my un plucked brow, and my newly plucked brow. My natural brows, I'd say are really bushy, like man brows lol! This means I constantly have to pluck them. I have never had anyone else but myself touch my eyebrows, and I've never had them threaded.

Here comes my own eye brow plucking chart for you :)



Tips for eye brow plucking with NO pain at all:

  • A GOOD tweezer is essential. Can be either expensive or cheap, you just have to look around.
  • When your plucking, don't just "drag" the hair out. Stretch the skin surrounding the area, and pull it out in the Same direction in which it is growing.
  • It's a myth that you can't pluck above the brow, you can- but be careful, it's not likely that you will change the shape of your eyebrow here, only pluck excess hairs.
  • If you have a big issue with pain when plucking, hold an ice cube against your skin just before starting to pluck, to numb the area.


How do you do your eyebrows?
Thread, pluck, salon, at home?
xx

Check out my old eyebrow tutorial too (here I show how to use your tweezer to determine the shape):





16 comments:

  1. Oooh, thanks for this, will be trying out the brow plucking chart in the morning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tips!
    I always wanted to mention that you have amazing brows!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful!
    Going to get mine waxed only causes me to breakout so I need all the plucking tips I can get :)

    Angela @ the Lovely Cup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually just get them waxed. I used to pluck, but then I realized that the results weren't the same as getting them done by a pro~
    But you're look so flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeessss!!! Love this post!!! I need this because it gets hard for me to get to the spa and I have a horrible experience plucking....this guide is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is very pretty. How I wish I encountered you before my wedding - for my bridal make-up. First time here and following. Will you mind following me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I usually go to a salon once a month to get my eyebrows waxed and did the "cleaning" myself in between visits. The lady is no longer there, so I have yet to find someone else. This post is really helpful, for now I have to do them myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do my own eyebrows--plucking and sometimes waxing--just not often enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pluck at home; After the shower makes it almost painless and easier because skin pores are open!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post hun, I love plucking my eyebrows w tweezers, haven't had them done in over a year,I jus tweezed them yesterday x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey chica, I also wanted to let you know that I tagged you in my blog. Come check it out :-) http://sdestrahairjourney.blogspot.com/2012/11/thats-that-stuff-i-dont-like-hair.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I generally wax, but when I pluck, I use my tweezerman tweezers. and They are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks a lot, this was really helpful.i'm gonna have to practice it more

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥