Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Sep 23, 2012

♥ Contouring & Highlighting Chart +EOTD & FOTD

How to do contouring and highlighting?

Today I'm posting this FOTD and ETOD and since the highlighting and contouring in this picture showed quite well I decided to do a highlighting and contouring chart as well.


This was a look I just did to try an eye shadow palette belonging to my mum (it's in the pic below). Unfortunately the colour of the shadows was really hard to catch on camera, it's purple, not brown.



I put together this highlighting and contouring chart for you guys!

1. My FOTD with NYR bronzer for contouring and their eyeshadow hibiscus for highlighting
2. A chart of an everyday highlighting and contouring, also what I did in the first pic
3. This is heavy highlighting and contouring- cheekbones and nose are included in this.


This is all I used for my look and the CHANEL foundation I reviewed the other day!


Again, the eyeshadows are definitely Not brown, they're purple!

Do you highlight and contour your face? Have you done a post on it?

                                                   x


14 comments:

  1. Great post
    I love your EOTD, great colours, I may have to try and mimic it lol
    I've tried contouring and highlighting recently, I think I'm getting pretty good at it :)

    Kiwi..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your make-up and great tutorial! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post&u look beaut as always hun..! I do highlighting most days contouring ermmm sometimes, I'm actually a bit lazy to do whole tutorial thing ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice n simple make up.
    You've been tag for the Versatil Blogger Award!

    C'est plutôt un tag qu'un prix, mais je t'ai tagué car ton blog fait partie des blogs que j'aime lire!
    Plus d'infos sur mon blog! ♥
    http://www.lecheapchic.blogspot.ca/2012/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yolandaas, you look beautiful! I am loving your FOTD posts. This was really helpful - I still struggle with contouring! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great blog post - defo going to try this! :)

    Thanks girl

    I’m also running a giveaway so would love if you could enter! http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/happy-friday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving it so much... amazing post ... keep the good work up girl!!!

    hugs & Kisses
    www.mahrukhhayyat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the eyes in the 1st pic... I wish I knew how to do that... VERY VERY VERY PRETTY :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello beauty!!!!!! great contouring lesson!
    really helpfull blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!
    REALLY NICE POST.
    I FOLLOWED YOUR BLOG :)
    FOLLOW ME: http://sweeneestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous! Fab post hunni! I am don't highlight or contour but I love your demonstration through photos. Now I understand the lingo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice. specially your eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow those highlighting/contouring pics are really helpful. I always use bronzer to contour but haven't ever tried using a highlighter (i know). Am i really missing out? If so do you know of any highlighters you'd recommend for someone with combination olive skin? My cheeks get quite dry especially in winter but nose is fairly oily.
    Loving you blog even more the more i keep scrolling btw! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥