Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Apr 11, 2012

♥ DIY- Protein Avocado Hair Treatment

DIY: Homemade avocado and egg hair mask

I think we all know by now that sometimes, your hair needs extra protein. This is because your hair is made by keratin (a protein). It is especially important when you have chemically treated hair, which means you have dyed, bleached, relaxed your hair etc. The reason this homemade hair mask gives your hair protein is because of the egg.

I want to share an easy DIY protein hair mask with you :)

 I put in: Coconut Oil, Honey, 1 Avocado, 1 egg, Sweet Orange Oil & Shea Butter


Put everything in your blender and start mixing!


This is what it will look like


What it looked like in my hair




Tips:
-Add an essential oil like Orange or Peppermint to make it smell nice
- Rinse it out in cold water unless you want fried egg in your hair :) 

Have you done a hair mask like this?
Or any other interesting recipes you want to share?

x


Twitter  || Facebook || Bloglovin || Hello Cotton || Pinterest

23 comments:

  1. love this stuff, i have a similar post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds grey! I might have to do my own hair treatment as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost want to eat it, it looks so yummy, lol
    I have been meaning to try this but I haven't had the time.

    http://anaqueenbee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tired a hair mask before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. here are 2 of my hair treatment post.


    http://www.cottoncandyinkbeauty.com/2011/08/all-natural-hair-treatment.html

    http://www.cottoncandyinkbeauty.com/2011/09/avocado-hair-treatment.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds soo good!!! def wanna try this! :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never done a mask but I want to.....you should post an after pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i usually just use coconut oil in my hair over night works a treat!
    www.whokilledlola.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks super easy, might just try it one of these days!*
    Thanks for the tip doll!(

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've already try homemade hair mask but none with avocado. I'll try this one. A must for dry damage relaxed hair.
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it !

    great recomendation :)

    do you want to follow my blog ??

    http://www.themusthave.net/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing I have a recipe with olive oil york and honey you can try it too :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! My hair is pretty dry and really coarse so I will try this one out asap! And since my hair is on a no-poo diet this sounds perfect! Thanks so much! More of this please ;)
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did you hair like the treatment after?

    ReplyDelete
  16. You made some really good points there. I looked on the web to learn more about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this website.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You make me hungry: I love avocado !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every weekend is my schedule for the application, not regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like th is blog site also poor you’ve

    sonumerous unrelated comments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow what an amazing amount of natural products to choose from! I was there too and wrote about my favourite brands on the show..........+How to Get rid of Facial hair with Homemade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥