Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Apr 22, 2012

♥ DIY: Soothing Aloe Vera & Orange Body Scrub

Soothing Aloe Vera & Orange Body Scrub


I just wanted to share this Aloe Vera & Sweet Orange Oil body scrub. I love making my own body scrub because it's easy, you have most of the ingredients at home and you can alter it the way you like it.

In my body scrub I used:

-Almond Oil
-Jojoba Oil
-Castor Sugar
-Aloe Vera Gel (99%)

How to alter your scrub for your skin type, usage and how long you want it to last:

Use Aloe Vera Gel:
- Most Aloe Vera gel will have a preservative in them, use Aloe Vera Gel if you want your product to last longer.
-It's soothing, so use it on sensitive, sunburnt or skin you just shaved.
-If you don't want any oily residue on your skin after using the scrub, use a larger quantity of Aloe Vera. Otherwise, use more oil and you won't need to use body lotion afterward.

Coconut Oil:
-If you want your bodyscrub to be more solid. Coconut Oil is solid at room temprature and melt when in contact with your skin.

Sugar:
-Use finer sugar if you want a more gentle scrub, like an everyday scrub or a face scrub.

Essential Oils
-As a perfume, use any essential oil that you think smells nice like: Sweet Orange Oil. Peppermint Oil gives a cooling sensation and can feel refreshing, Lavender Essential Oil is calming and Tea Tree Oil is anti septic.

Do you make your own body scrub?

x


 Twitter  || Facebook || Bloglovin || Hello Cotton || Pinterest

15 comments:

  1. Love that you get around to making your own scrub! I feel like it's actually better than buying one cos you know and trust the ingredients 100% :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it smells delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great , would love to try making my own scrub :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever idea girl, It looks lovely!

    joanne from jimmilou.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh this sounds amazing!!! def gonna try this out!! :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must be so lovely, I might try that on my Summer vacation :) xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice!! thanks for sharing! i am gonna try this!! i love using brown sugar to make my homemade lip scrub but i never thought of using it for body scrub

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! i want make it now :)
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Blog <3 Follow u

    Emma

    http://emmawunderbar.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great one here, i will have to try it very soon!!
    Thanks for sharing dear!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love scrubs! I've never made my own but i have made my own lip scrubs with the same things

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog, comment, and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey sweetie! You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I'd like to invite you to be my friend and follow each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have just spent a stupid amount on body scrub -_-

    when i have used them all up i will attempt this DIY x

    www.thatgoodgirlchi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jag är grymt imponerad över dina DIY inlägg och att du har börjat använda mer naturliga produkter. Väldigt inspirerande! Jag kommer titta in lite då och då.

    Fortsatt fin vecka! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥