Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Apr 8, 2012

♥ DIY: Studded Denim Vest & Studded Denim Shorts

Im really excited to share my latest DIY!

I've been meaning to order studs for soo long and since I recently bought both a denim vest and a pair of Levi's shorts to stud, ordering them was way overdue!

Anyway, I found I site I'm really happy with. It's a UK based site and I ordered these on Thursday and received them on Saturday.

The website is www.josyrose.com


Here is a mini "how to stud a denim vest- tutorial". The pictures are moving so just keep looking!
 Also, when your dealing with a thick fabric like denim, make sure you push the sharp ends in properly.

 

This is the result, I really like it!


DIY studded Levi's shorts- these are not finished though.


I also decided to spice up my army jacket. So here you go- Army Jacket with golden studs! I really like this.


 Last but not least, I bought this from H&M months ago, for £5 on Sale. Initially I though I'd put collar tips on it, but since I had some spare studs I decided to create my own "Stud- Collar Tips"



What do you think?
Which one do you prefer more, and have you done something like this (please share)

x


 Twitter  || Facebook || Bloglovin || Hello Cotton || Pinterest

20 comments:

  1. Love these - I will soooo be copying you! haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)
    Happy Easter!!
    I like all the studded stuff.kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I wish I had the patience to do this :P I love studs! They're much better than sequins etc because they all come off in the washing machine! atleast studs stay :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and creative! I am looking to do my own designs in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!! I also did some studded shorts! It's fun but a little hurtful to close the back of the studs :(! I'll check out the website you wrote because I liked your studs too;)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh i what you did to everything!!! studding stuff is so fun! :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh they all look lovely! I pearl studded a jumper yesterday, have a denim vest to do aswel so hopefully I'll get round to it this week! DIYing is so addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea ;) Amazing blog ;) if you want following my blog ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's really cute!!



    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this. I don't have a favourite - they all look wicked!!!

    Very creative and talented of you!

    T (",)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it. really like the army jacket and how you studded it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing !! Thank you so much for this post ! I was looking for a website where I can buy these things to custom my shorts :):)
    xxx

    ifoundmysoulmate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow so creative, love your blog!! Following hope u do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wooow I super love it not too much but very pretty!! I want to do it to but I don't think I can find studs here I've been looking for so long could you send me some? lol just kidding

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks awesome! I love the GIF too, that's a great way to make one. I always am strapped for ideas on what to have in one! I may try something like that.... following you now! xxx
    www.haemeandrobecca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥