Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Feb 17, 2013

♥ NYC Individual Eyes Review

 NYC Individual Eyes Review (£3.99)


I bought this palette hoping it would be a good travel makeup palette seeing as it has a primer, highlighter plus four eyeshadows in it. Not completely sure why I picked one contain shades that I  already have in at least 5 different palettes, but oh well.


The Primer & Highlighter

These definitely could have been better. The highlighter is a cream highlighter and slightly hard to blend/get even. It also could have been slightly less bright/white. The primer, is quite rubbish as a primer as it isn't very matt & makes your shadow crease. However, it is a great base for mixing a white shadow/highlighter for a more intense look. I used this on my lids mixed with a white eyeshadow in my recent "Galaxy Cut Crease" look.


It comes with instructions of how to apply, hence why I tried to use the exact shadows in the look above. Personally, I would use them this way and I also would use 3 shadows on my eyes rather than 4 as I have hooded eyes and quite small eyelids. But it's great as a reference.
As you can see in the swatches in the first pic, the shadows are fairly pigmented and look pretty intense when applied.





Over all I think it is a great to go palette, and I'd bring this if I am going away for a few days or so, just because it has everything in there. However, I definitely wouldn't use these shadows for a night out- at least not with that primer! :)

What do you think of these?
Have you tried any of these palettes?

xx



7 comments:

  1. Hey Beauty! Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and the follow! Happily returning the gesture :-) I love your blog, Yolanda :-)
    Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look! And it's so great that its affortable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how we gravitate towards the same shades that we already have so many of! I love neutral eyeshadows so I can relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw what a shame about the primer! The smokey brow looks amazing on you though!
    Rosy x
    http://rostinted.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I own the same palette in a different set of colors. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This make up is gorgeous as well! Wow!

    Best Jasmin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥