Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Feb 1, 2013

♥ Witch Anti Blemish Skin Clearing Primer Review

 Witch Anti Blemish Skin Clearing Primer Review



Description on Witch's website: "Witch Anti-blemish Skin Clearing Primer is designed to help prepare your skin for foundation by mattifying and absorbing excess oils, providing a smooth, silky base that helps you achieve an even and long lasting finish with any foundation or powder."

 This is actually the first face primer I've used. As I don't wear foundation daily and most primers are targeted for use with foundation, I've never really seen the point in buying a primer. However, after trying this (without) foundation I discovered that it was great to use on its own too!

After browsing a bit more on the website I read that they do actually say that it is good for use on its own as well"Our Anti-blemish Skin Clearing Primer can also be used on its own giving a matte even complexion – perfect for men too, and for using in the summe"


Results?
Except for being perfect for use on its own, there was another thing that positively surprised me about this. It was the fact that it definitely serves as a moisturiser as well and I think that for a silicone based primer like this, that is pretty good! So you can definitely wash your face, and then apply this instead of a moisturiser. Even though it's mattifying, I wouldn't describe the finish at matte, it is just rather.. smooth. It definitely takes away any excess oils and leaves you with a great base for makeup.

Ingredients?
I think the ingredient list was on the packaging that this came with. And since it is a silicone based primer that was of course on of the top ingredients. In addition to that, it contains some supposedly skin clearing ingredients, described on their website:


"Anti-blemish Skin Clearing Primer is formulated with the following key ingredients: || Pure witch hazel extract: provides natural astringency, balancing the skin || Antibacterial actives: help prevent blemishes and breakout || Liquorice root extract: calms the skin || Glycerin and Provitamin B5: condition and hydrate skin || Silicone polymer: absorbs excess oils and mattifies the skin || "

Summary?
Since it is a pretty good moisturiser and leaves you with a super smooth, oil free base for makeup. I recommend this for the days when you don't wear foundation. I don't use foundation and the only problem with that is that powder based products like bronzer and blusher might not "stick" as well to your face. Which makes sense, as I would never apply a powder eyeshadow without a primer. Then again, it might make your foundation last longer so I would definitely try that on an occasion where I am wearing foundation and I want it to really stay on.


Have you tried this primer?
If not, which one is your favourite face primer & do you think face primers are necessary?

xx

*I got this product from the #bbloggerxmas event goodie bag




2 comments:

  1. I don't use primer often but this sounds good, great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for this brilliant post! Many points have extremely useful. Hopefully you'll continue sharing your knowledge around. Queda de cabelo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥