Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Dec 29, 2012

♥ 8 Months Post Natural!!

My hair favourites and staples
Today I am officially 8 months post relaxer, this is probably the longest I've gone since I was a child and I can't wait to see more of my natural hair texture. What would have been appropriate would have been a curly length check, showing my new growth, but since I did that quite recently (see here) I will share my natural/transitioning hair staples instead.


1. The Conditioner

My staple conditioner is the Tresemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth Conditioner. It is silicone, paraben and mineral oil free and has amaaazing slip. That means that it makes detangling super easy which is essential when dealing with thick afro hair. See review on this here.

2. The Cleansing Cream

A creamy sulfate free shampoo- Curls Cleansing Cream. As with every product from Curls it smells amazing of caramel/vanilla. It makes your hair clean without stripping it, and also strengthens and smooths as it contains silk amino acids. See here.

3. The Clarifying Silicone Free Shampoo

Even though I don't wash weekly with a sulfate shampoo- I always need to have one in case I've for some reason used a product containing silicones, or if I just feel like clarifying my hair. This one from V05 has an amazing ingredient list with oils like Argan Oil in it, and is not very drying for a sulfate shampoo. See it here.

4. The Sulfate Free Shampoo

Loreal EverSleek Smoothing hair system, A great bargain Sulfate free shampoo. Ingredients are not natural, nor great but it doesn't contain sulfates and the consistency is not creamy- more like the consistency of a normal conditioner. This is affordable and readily available. See it here.

5. The Butter

You can either use a butter or oil to seal your hair, during the winter when it's really humid and cold, I like spreading some Shea Butter in my hair after moisturising. I also use it when I slick my hair in a bun. This one is from Amina and is extremely soft, see review here.

6. The Oil

Castor oil- The oil to use for scalp/hot oil treatments. Before every wash I apply this, mixed with any other oil and apply to my scalp to aid growth and strengthen hair and edges.

7. The Scalp Oil

As most of you probably know Coconut Oil is one of the few (Jojoba oil being the other) oils that actually moisturise hair on its own, and get's easily absorbed by scalp. To prevent an itchy or flaky scalp I massage this into my scalp a few times per week.

8. The Detangler/Moisturiser

Jamaican Lime & Mango No More Relaxer Cream, this is great for detangling my new curly growth. The second ingredient is Shea Butter and it contains loads of fruit extracts such as Kiwi, oh and it smells lovely (mango/peach scent)! It is very thick and could leave some residue if used too often. For only £3.99 it's a bargain and definitely my staple detangler. Despite the majority of this brand's product containing tons of mineral oil, this one contains no mineral oil, petroleum or silicones. See it here.

9. The Leave-in Conditioner

Curls Whipped Moisturiser. I've definitely got a love/hate relationship to this one, only because it's so damn expensive and when I use it, I use it daily and it's finished within weeks. I pay £9.99 for this one. Again, this smells of vanilla and carmel and contains organic and loads of natural ingredients. None of their products contain mineral oil, silicones or parabens. See it here.


Do you have any staple hair products? Which ones and why do you like them so much?
xx







5 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it 8 months! :) A staple product for me is Elasta Qp's Creme Conditioning shampoo because it's sulphate free and leaves my hair feeling soft and detangled
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love coconut oil because, it gives some volume, it nourishes hair and help in detangling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love TreSemme conditioners! I use them to detangle now instead of the V05, they give so much more slip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 8 months post relaxer. Glad the products are working for you aswell.
    One day when I embark on natural I will be sure to read back and try some of these ;-)

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Monday and middle of January to you! The photos are oh so gorgeous congrats on keeping your hair healthy the natural way!
    Absolutely inspiring! Keep up the great blogging and hope you have an awesome rest of the week!
    Ciao ciao for now!
    Cherelynn
    http://makeupuniversity.blogspot.com
    @Cherelynn on Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥