Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Dec 28, 2012

♥ NYE Easy-To-Do Smokey Eye Tutorial

NYE Easy-To-Do Smokey Eye

With New Years coming up I decide to share this super easy to do New Years make up. All you need is two (or three) different eyeshadows. Preferably sparkly ones like MUA Glitterbomb or Sleek Sparkle 2, to suit the occasion.

How to do this?

  • Apply a dark shade (I used Sleek Sparkle 2 Glitz and Glamour which is a soft black/dark grey shade) all over your lid.
  • Using a blending brush (I use N7 Blending brush), blend the edges until they look soft.
  • Using Real Techniques shading brush (a smaller, dense eyeshadow brush), apply the dark blue shimmery shadow on to your crease, going all the way to the inner corner of your eye.
  • Using N7 blending brush, blend the edges of the blue shadow.
  • For more definition, add a pitch black eyeshadow into the outer corner/V of your eye (it shows more in the picture below). Blend it out slightly.
  • To clean up: Add a transitioning colour (one of your skin tone) above the crease colour and all the way up to your eyebrow. Apply concealer under your eyes and tidy up any fall out.
  • Add a highlighter under yours eyebrows and fill them in.


What did I use?


Will you be trying something similar?
If not, what look will you be going for on NYE?

xx

Twitter  || Facebook || Bloglovin || Hello Cotton || Pinterest

Update, I have since made a youtube tutorial of this look:

15 comments:

  1. this looks gorgeous! I was looking for something just like this for NYE thank you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm going to have to try this, it looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!! its so perfect!! <33 he smokey eye! gonna deff try this! thanks Yolanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't realise I wasn't following your blog until today - I'm old school and had you book marked haha.

    You're literally my eyeshadow inspiration. I did my first smokey eye at Christmas (I never wear eyeshadow) and it looked pretty good - so thank you for these posts. I stayed pretty safe and used very neutral colours, but may go a bit more adventurous as this looks so nice!

    Lola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab!!!^^
    i love it ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous look! You always have the best eye makeup ♥ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous this looks so wow and effective. I love the colour!

    Tia
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look! Not going out but still fun to dress up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥