Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Dec 21, 2012

♥ MUA Glitterbomb. Vs Sleek Sparkle 2 Palette

MUA Glitterbomb (£4) & Sleek Sparkle 2 Palette (£8) Comparison

Before I received the Sleek Palette at the #bloggersxmas event, I hadn't even tried Sleek Palettes. There's one reason for that, being the ingredients. Anywho, as soon as I got it I couldn't help but thinking about how it's similar to my only MUA palette. Glitterbomb and Sparkle 2, they are obviously all about glitter & sparkles, both being pretty topical now that the New Years is coming up.

I will compare:

| Packaging & Design | Ingredients | Shades | Performance |

1. Packaging

Even though I completely understand why MUA has designed their palette the way they have, I have to say that the Sleek palette is just a tad more.. sleek! The material is "matte plastic" as opposed to the MUA which is slightly plasticky. Inside of the Sleek one there is a fairly big mirror which might be handy if you are on the go, or travelling. One disadvantage to that is of course that you can't see the shades without opening the palette, like on the MUA one.

So best design? MUA | Sleek √

2. Ingredients


Now what I look for in eyeshadow ingredients are Parabens and Mineral Oil. Both very controversial And unnecessary by any means. Mineral Oil is used because it is extremely cheap, so if it was used in the MUA palette it would be understandable since it is £4- however, it is not. Mineral Oil is in the Sleek palette which is, like I said above, the reason I haven't purchased any Sleek Palettes. They both contain Parabens (said to be toxic, not in the low doses they are used in ONE product, but considering you use up to 20 different products daily, you might be using more than is healthy).

Best ingredients? MUA √ | Sleek

3. Shades


 At first glance, they shades int hese palettes are nothing like each other. But if you look closer (and see pic below), there are some identical shades, and many similar ones. However, I do feel that the shadows in the MUA palette are slightly too random and I definitely could have survived without that white shade, or the blue one. The Sleek Palette on the other hand has some really gorgeous and unique shades like the "Mulled Wine" one (see look using that here) and I think they are better watch with each other.

Best Shades? MUA | Sleek √

4. Performance/Pigmentation?


This one is a tough one, I was definitely positively surprised by the staying power of the Sleek Palette. Even though I haven't used the MUA palette recently, I know that the staying power of that is equally good. However, I must say that when swatching the "identical" shades (see above), the MUA ones are more pigmented and very creamy compared to the Sleek one.

Best performance/pigmentation? MUA √ | Sleek


It's a tie guys! However performance as in staying power and how they look on the eyes- they are both equally good. But the quality of the MUA one (especially for the price) is pretty amazing! :)


Which palette do you prefer?

xx




9 comments:

  1. Brilliant post. I think I prefer Sleek though. I like how the colours aren't as shimmery and out there, a bit more muted xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I prefer the MUA palette actually x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! i actually like the mua the sparkly pigmentation is soo pretty and intense!! and so much cheaper!! thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your entire review (great job!) but what made me pick MUA over Sleek was the swatch pic. if I was looking for a glitter/shimmer palette, I'd say the MUA shades look much better, and what a great price :) but i've never tried either brand since I'm in the US

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant comparison! I love Sleek shadows... but they're double the price of MUA!
    Gemma xx

    www.missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yolanda, beautiful colors!!!!!
    I wish you Merry Christmas!!! and my g+ for you...
    …………(¯`O´¯)
    …………*./ | \ .*
    …………..*♫*.
    ………, • '*♥* ' • ,
    ……. '*• ♫♫♫•*'
    ….. ' *, • '♫ ' • ,* '
    ….' * • ♫*♥*♫• * '
    … * , • Feliz' • , * '
    …* ' •♫♫*♥*♫♫ • ' * '
    ' ' • . Navidad . • ' ' '
    ' ' • ♫♫♫*♥*♫♫♫• * ' '
    …………..x♥x
    …………….♥ Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Find the sleek glitter eyeshadows quite drying in texture. The MUA ones have a softer texture. Colour wise I do prefer the sleek. Mulled wine is such an amazing shade.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥