Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Dec 2, 2012

♥ Contouring Using ELF Palette

Contouring Using the ELF Palette



Contouring is not something I do every day, but when I do- I usually use my NYR Organic Bronzer (review here) or this one from ELF. I am discovering new uses for this palette every single day, which is why you see me mentioning it so often lately. Definitely a great buy!

How to do a quick every day contoured look?


  • You need a medium sized brush- bigger than a eyeshadow blending brush, but smaller than your normal face brush.
  • To determine where to shade, suck your cheeks in and make sure you have the sort of lighting that will reveal the shadows in your face.
  • Where the shadow falls on your cheek bones, that's where you apply the shadow.
  • Use quite a lot, and then start blending it with your contouring brush lightly.
  • Using a normal face brush (blush or powder brush) start blending the harsh lines out even more.
  • Done!

Check out my contouring and highlighting chart here :) 


What do you use for contouring?

xx




4 comments:

  1. That looks great! I'll no doubt be having a go at this myself soon.
    Lovely blog x

    # ❁ teen dreams...
    Musings of an indecisive cat lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I also use an Elf Bronzer/Brush palette to contour and highlight

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i think I'm gonna try this on my next elf mini haul!! i currently use the elf studio blushes and concealer to highlight nd contour

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥