Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Oct 6, 2012

♥ Benefits of Coldpressed Coconut Oil

BENEFITS OF COLD PRESSED COCONUT OILIf you don't like the smell of Coconut or Coconut Oil, do not keep reading as I will keep going on about it. I have consistently been using Coconut Oil for scalp massages for quite a while now. Being such a bargain hunter I've insisted on buying the cheapest one possible, which is the refind Coconut Oil from KTC (as seen in this post). That one does not have a smell and I remember googling "the smell of Coconut Oil" and I suppose I came to the conclusion that it might now have a strong smell.

Oh my god how wrong I was?! I bought this Coldpressed Unrefined Coconut Oil from a health store in Sweden. It smells aaaaaa-maaaazing! Sort of like those Coconut Cakes (Not sure what they are called). I might have to start splurging out when buying Coconut Oil in the future..

I used this for my scalp every day when I was in Sweden (I was there for 18 days) and I feel like my hair has grown a lot. Not sure if it's due to the Coldpressed Coconut Oil but I am sure it had something to do with it..


As I said, I bought this from a Swedish health shop. Everything in Sweden in super expensive and so were their oils- except for Coconut Oil. I'd say I got it for a decent price, about £5 for this 225 ml jar.


So what are the benefits?

  • Helps to fight off dandruff & lice
  • One of the few oils that really get absorbed by the hair
  • A great moisturiser for your skin, it absorbs easily and doesn't feel greasy
  • Strengthen your nails
  • It contains a lot of acids such as: lauric, caprylic and capric acid. As a result of this it Coconut Oil can be antifungal & anti bacterial.
  • Can aid digestion due to it's antibacterial and antifungal properties

! For those who airdry their hair: When you have finished washing your hair, massage some Coconut Oil mixed with Peppermint Essential Oil into your scalp for a really cool- non itchy sensation when your hair is drying.


Do you use Coconut Oil? & have you tried both Coldpressed and "Normal" oil?

x



12 comments:

  1. great post honey, hope u k! take care :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog on tonights #bbloggers - I love anything coconut so love this post! :)

    standforstyle22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best beauty reviews EVER! I swear I've sent your site to several of my beauty loving friends. And it certainly helps people like me who have no idea what they're doing in the beauty department. You ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried it a few times for my hair but it makes my hair a bit greasy.
    Still using it for cooking and on my skin though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I want some!!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following hun, and for your sweet comments!!
    Love your blog, great reviews. Follow back <3

    Sanne
    Confessions of a blonde

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooow! I never know this, thanks for sharing dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi I'm in sweden now and looking for this ! what shop did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The health store called "LIFE" i think x 50kr

      Delete
  9. hi I"m in sweden and looking for this now! which shop did you find this in?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥