Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Oct 16, 2012

♥ A curly FOTD

Now that I am transitioning (growing out naturally curly hair from relaxed (relaxed=chemically straightened) hair ).. Yeah I put a bracket in the bracket lol. Anyway, it is hard to find ways to style your hair since you are dealing with thick tightly curled afro hair at the roots, and dead, straight relaxed ends at the bottom.

Mainly I'll just keep my hair up in a bun as you can probably see in my fotd, or just plait the fringe to make it wavy, or plait & curl as I've done in this pic.

My fotd is a great everyday look. Minimal eyeshadow, I've only put a (to me) nude eyeshadow from my ELF palette all over the lid. I put a tiny bit of dark brown shadow in the corners and really blended it out, for a soft shadow. Finish off with bright lips from Sleek!


What I used on my face:

  • Viva La Diva Eyebrow Pencil (see here)
  • Eyeshadows from my ELF palette (see here)
  • Mascara from Natural Collection
  • Foundation from Estee Lauder (tester, woho first tester that isn't a match with Snow White's skin only)
  • Neal's Yard Remedies Organic Powder Bronzer (review here)
  • ELF rose gold blusher from my ELF palette (see here)
  • Lip paint from Sleek Pout Paints (see here)




What do you think of this look?
Whats a good everyday look to you?

x



11 comments:

  1. you look amazing!! your skin is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! That lipstick looks absoloutely amazing on you! & i love a good nude shade for the eye. You look beaut as always - im off to check out the eyebrow pencil now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your hair in these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute look! LOVE it. I'm transitioning as well but I have been wearing weave until it grows completely out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, the joys of transitioning... I remember those days all too well. I wore so many roller sets it was a shame! Lol.

    This is a great everyday look. Love the pop of color on the lips. I want to try sleek paint pouts but I have yet to order anything from them... Go figure...

    My everyday look would have to be something soft and smokey. Either a nude look smoked out a bit or a soft smokey look with a dark shimmery brown and a super nude lips! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are seriously SO gorgeous! I wish I could rock a lip color like you haha :) xx

    - Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous on you! I adore the lip color :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw this on instagram and loved it. So gorgeous. Your skin is flawless. Love that lip color. Starting to get into lip colors now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look absolutely stunning! that lip colour is the business!

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing!
    www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥