Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Oct 24, 2012

♥ Garnier Respons Shampoo Avocado Oil & Shea Butter Review

Garnier Respons Shampoo Avocado Oil & Shea Butter Review



I mentioned in this empties post featuring the conditioner that I bought these when I was in Sweden, because I travelled with hand luggage only and couldn't bring anything else. They are both silicone and paraben free which is great, however the shampoo does contain Sulfates.



Shampoo- It is quite fragranced and lathers up quite a lot. If it dries my hair or not I can't really say because I always do a hot oil treatment before shampooing, especially if I for some reason use a Sulfate one. However after coming back from Sweden my scalp was quite itchy so it could well be from using a harsh shampoo. For someone who uses Sulfate shampoos and don't have a sensitive scalp, I'd say go for it. I will still use this for when I need sulfate shampoo though.
CONCLUSION: Use this once a month or so to remove hair product buildup or when you've used products containing silicones.


Conditioner- To start with, a ridiculously small bottle for a conditioner. You afro haired girls know that one wash requires the equivalent of this bottle lol. I guess for people with straight hair it's okey. Anyway the formula is a bit hard, by hard I mean it feels similar to when you put a protein treatment in your head. Not sure why since it doesn't contain any proteins. The ingredients are pretty decent and it contains Stearamido-Propyl Dimethylamine which is an antistatic agent that can also be used as a mild cleanser.
CONCLUSION: Great if you are a co-washer (a person who uses conditioner to wash their hair)! It contains nourishing oils at the top and a few gentle cleansing agents at the bottom of the ingredient list.


Have you seen Garnier's Shea Butter & Avocado Oil products? I've only seen them in Sweden.

xx





5 comments:

  1. I just love your blog Yolanda. Keep up the good work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear! Love so much you're blog, follow u :)
    My name in GFC is: sexy_paige_cucu, my account is without pic.

    Hope u follow back :)
    Lot of kisses.
    http://universeofmyshoes.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the new layout dear!!!
    Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these sound yummy!
    Shame it isn't available in the uk.


    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds like great and affordable products. I like that they don't contain silicones.


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥