Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Oct 31, 2012

♥ Transitioning Diaries Pt. 3

Transitioning Diaries Pt. 3 


If you are not familiar with "transitioning" please read part.1 here and part 2. here. Let me start off by saying that even before I decided to stop relaxing my hair, I stopped straightening it (am. flat iron) and only blow dried it. Which means I don't think I've actually straightened my hair for over six months, or more. It must be long since I can't even remember.

Anyway I randomly decided to straighten it using Aphogee Green Tea Keratin Spray. It is a protein spray which "locks" in protein while you heat style your hair. Since I don't heat style it anymore, or use products containing silicones daily I haven't had any use of it for a long time.



I was happily surprised by the result as my hair seems to have grown quite a lot. Bare in mind a chopped off like at least 2 inches in this post (3 months ago). Also, the front of my hair has retained length for the first time in years, which is great!

What I'll do next:

  • My every 3 month DIY protein treatment (read about it here), in about a week.
  • I don't think I'll actually trim this time since my ends don't seem to be very damaged.
  • Start straightening my hair every 3 months and do this kind of post.
  • Give you a curly length check (update you on how much curly growth I've got)

Some people have ask me how it's going, and the reason I don't post about this frequently is because it's something the majority of my readers can't relate to. But still something I want to share with those who are doing the same thing or are just interested :) Hence the spread out posts..

What do you think of my straight hair?
It's been long since you've seen it in my blog :)

x




4 comments:

  1. @Yoli

    your hair is going to be so pretty once it is fully transitioned. I can see you adding some pretty colors to your hair in the summer and having a blast with it. Keep up the good work, it looks full to me and you doing the right thing so far.

    enjoyed reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your straightened hair looks nice, as does your curly hair. I look forward to reading your curly length check updates.
    Good luck with the rest of your transition! I'm transitioning too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Transitioning is hard but it's more than worth it when your curls begin to grow in. keep at it.

    http://collegegirlsshouldknow.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥