Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Oct 25, 2012

♥ My most used makeup brushes

My most frequently used Makeup Brushes- Real Techniques and Boots N7


Real Techniques Blush Brush: "Contour and define cheeks for flawlessly blended, high-definition results:" www.realtechniques.com. Except for my favourite blusher in the previous post, I don't really use blusher that often. However, I do use a shimmery bronzer As a blusher, and this brush is perfectnfor applying it. The synthetic bristles are incredibly soft and makes it super easy to work in or build up product. None of the RT brushes shed at all.

Real Techniques Shading Brush: "From subtle to dramatic, this brush is ideal for creating flawless high-definition results" - www.realtechniques.com. This is the only brush I have suitable for  applying above the crease, before blending it. I also use it to put shadow in the outer corner of my eye. Love it!

Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush (Comes in the Starter Set only): "Base shadow brush: applies a smooth, flawless foundation of color"-www.realtechniques.com. Even though I do use it for applying a base of shadow, usually just a bright base on the eyeshadow primer- I mainly use it for "soft" blending. What I mean by that is I use it when I want to blend, or smudge my shadows. Rather than harshly blending. 

Boots N7 Eyeshadow Blend & Contour: "The No7 contour brush is great for shading the socket line area and general blending"- www.boots.com. This blending brush is the one I use for blending out really harsh lines. It has hardly shed at all after several washes. Despite its white colour, it always goes back to white after every wash and there is no staining. They have now changed the brush in Boots and it is all black instead of the light metallic part on the brush.
Tips: By this for £2.75 when you have a N7 voucher.

Links:



What's your favourite makeup brush & have you done a post like this?

xx




8 comments:

  1. I recently drafted my most used brushes. I ended up with 8. Trying to keep myself away from spending on Real Techniques but there on so many blogs! Must. resist.

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im dying to try Real Techniques brushes. I just need to figure out what sites selling them ship to Canada:)
    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is my M.A.C 187 brush. It's SO soft, pretty and just applies powder so evenly.

    - Erin xo

    365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post hun, I have Real techniques brushes on my wishlist my faves are from Sigma.

    Btw hav tagged u on my blog darlin x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, I really want to get the Real Techniques Blush Brush but it's hard to get in Canada :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying to buy some Real Techniques brushes, thinking of getting the core collection to begin with :) x

    One Little Vice

    ReplyDelete
  7. For brushes check out this site they have excellent quality! http://makeup-brushes-and-more.ebid.net/

    ReplyDelete
  8. For great quality brushes you must check out this site! http://makeup-brushes-and-more.ebid.net/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥